Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What's Happening Now

Well, it's been almost a month since I left off, mainly due to my computer suddenly dying, and also due to our busy, busy October. I'm typing this on my Macbook that apparently hadn't been used since the beginning of June. Mark's computer also died so he got the laptop out a few days ago so he could get some work done. I just have no ability to use a computer when the girls are awake due to them climbing all over me and trying to pry the keys off the keyboard, etc., and it seems that I have very little time to do so when they're asleep, too. I just got home from work (on time, what?!) and decided I had a few minutes of peace and quiet to spare to try and catch up here. We'll be going to Fry's on Friday to get new computer parts (hopefully all I need is a power supply and case, and Mark needs a motherboard), but in the meantime the Macbook is totally sufficient to type on, though I wish Amelia hadn't stolen the "n" key".

Anyway, we've been thoroughly enjoying Oregon's beautiful fall. October seriously flew by so fast, and now I can't believe we're almost done with our first week of November! We managed to go to 2 pumpkin patches and picked our first pumpkin off the vine, we went to the Gorge twice, went waterfall hunting, leaf peeping, drank cider, and bought tons of apples and pears...We are just totally in love with our first real autumn! The leaves are still changing here and they are just gorgeous.







Greg visited for a long weekend so he got to spend some good times with the girls and he went on our waterfall adventure out in the gorge. He went shopping with us and helped us get Halloween costumes for the girls. We picked out a Bubble Guppies costume for Amelia because she is obsessed, and once Lily saw it she wanted one too, so they had matching Molly costumes. We also took Greg with us to the Portland Children's Museum, or "Zeum", as Lily calls it, so he could see them in action at one of their favorite places.












This past week was Halloween week, and we took the girls to the Boo Bash at the Zeum and Lily dressed up as a witch, and Amelia was a black cat. On Halloween, we carved our pumpkin (I think it's the first pumpkin I've carved since 2001!) and got ready to trick or treat. We dressed the girls up in their Molly costumes, went and got some Burgerville and then waited for the rain to stop so we could trick or treat. The girls had a blast and they both looked ridiculous yet adorable in their costumes with hot pink wigs. Lily was pretty shocked when we didn't let her have all of her candy in one sitting. She said, "Why won't you give me my pumpkin? It's full of so many delicious things!" Kids are a hoot.





Also within the past month, I got a full time position at my job, (yay!) so our lives will now be slightly more hectic as I'll be gone more frequently. I enjoyed my cancels while I got them but the hours I was working as resource (aka pool) was not going to be able to sustain us much longer. I am looking forward to steady hours and great benefits. I have a set schedule every 6 weeks, and while I will have to get used to working 3 in a row, it will be the best for our family because I will have some good stretches off every few weeks.

I had a hectic night at work, and I have to go back tonight, so it's my bedtime now. Hopefully I'll get my desktop fixed this weekend so I can edit pictures and continue catching up with our moving saga!

No comments:

Post a Comment