Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas countdown

I'm pretty sure it's Wednesday. Working nights it's easy to get a little disoriented about the day of the week. I got up at 630AM on Monday, went Christmas shopping, went to the gym, took some Christmas pictures of the girls (which didn't go very well), had a mediocre 2 hour nap, got ready for work, and then worked until 8AM on Tuesday. So yesterday kind of just disappeared with sleeping, unfortunately, and then I fell asleep when we put the girls to bed, so now here I am at 6AM again! 

This is the week of our tenth wedding anniversary, and originally we were planning on spending it at Disneyland. Fortunately/unfortunately, I changed to a full-time position at work last month, so we weren't able to go to California this week. We are now looking into going early in 2015 though. Anyway, I do have 3 more days off after wasting most of yesterday in my comfy bed, so we're hoping to have some fun. We'll all be going to the gym together this morning, and then we'll be going to the mall to meet Santa! Tomorrow, my parents are coming over to babysit the girls so Mark and I can go on our first date since August! We are looking forward to having lots of sushi! And then Friday is our anniversary, and I'm thinking we'll be going to the zoo to check out ZooLights. 

I think we are about done Christmas shopping for the girls. I have some ideas to make some things for the grammies, and I am still shopping for Mark. We'll be moving Christmas to the 21st to make the holiday a little more relaxed and enjoyable, as I am working the 24th, 26th and 27th. I doubt we would be able to get away with it if the girls were older, but I think it will work this year. 

I have a couple hours still before the girls get up, so I'm going to try and get some cleaning done around here before the day really begins! 


No comments:

Post a Comment